Beat out (actresses) Pia Tjelta and Cecilie Mosli for the role
Gitte Witt (26) is now co-starring in the same film as the Hollywood actor Alexander Skarsgård (33) and his brother Gustaf (28).
- I went to dinner on the set the first day in jogging pants and with jetlag. I didn’t think about Alexander being Stellan Skarsgård’s son, “says Gitte Witt and adds:
- He is part of the gang on the set and it is an equally fantastic experience to work with him as with all the other actors. We all became very good friends.
Film number two
It was last autumn that the Swedish director Johan Kling cast her in the film “Puss”, on the basis of a picture that the famous director noticed and became interested in the Norwegian actress.
For the young actress, this is actually film number two that she takes part in with the one son of Stellan Skarsgård, Gustaf. However, it is the first time with big brother and Hollywood’s favorite Alexander Skarsgård.
Stellan Skarsgård’s oldest son has in a short time become one of the hottest film and TV names in the United States.
Through shows such as “Generation Kill” and “True Blood”, he has made great success. Now his career in Hollywood has really accelerated. In August, he started filming the blockbuster movie “Straw Dogs” along with Kate Bosworth and James Marsden.
- Alexander is a wonderful actor and a nice person. He is humble and does not have a star ego.
- Was there any flirting on the set?
- No comment, is that not what you say? Witt says and laughs.
Gitte Witt lived in New York when she got called to Norway for an audition.
The director was looking mainly for Swedish actors, but a small number of Norwegian actors were chosen to audition. Among them was Pia Tjelta, Cecilie Mosli and Julia Schacht.
- It would be cool to get the role, but I realized that the chance was not very big when I met an experienced actress I have great respect for on her way into the audition. The director put himself in the scene and the chemistry we had was extremely good. A week later I received an email – which I thought meant I didn’t get it – but then it turned out that he really wanted me, “says Gitte Witt.
Twice she tried to get into the theater school in Oslo. But after two rejections, she followed the advice of, among others, actor Thorbjørn Harr – and went to New York and began training at The Lee Strasberg Theater and Film Institute.
- It’s the best experience I could have had. I would have never had a similar training here in Norway. I’ve had instructors who have worked with Al Pacino and Robert De Niro, “said Witt, adding that she found the theater industry in Norway is far too parochial and education focused.
Training took two years – but Witt was in New York for four. In addition to working as an actress both in New York and in Norway, Witt earned a living in the big city as a nanny for the Norwegian celebrity kids of Paul Savoy, Stargate-founder Mikkel Eriksen and Linn Ullmann.
- Extra job made it easier for me to make ends meet financially. And so it was very nice to have contact with the Norwegians the years I lived in New York, “said Witt.
After four years in the world metropolis, she decided to move back home to Oslo in November. She is now in the stable of acting agent representing Aksel Hennie, Ane Dahl Torp, Kjersti Holmen, and several of the greatest actors in Norway.
Now only two weeks of filming remain with the Skarsgard brothers before she begins her next film role in “The Tale of Harvest” with Gard Eidsvold.
SOURCE: Dagbladet (Thanks to my Co-Admin SE and friends at The Blue Whale Pub)
You must be logged in to post a comment.