Puss’ pre-recorded in Fårösund
Johan Kling’s new film “Trust Me” has now been filmed in the Coast Studio in Fårösund, after seven sorrows and eight afflictions, one can say. The film would actually have been filming completed as early as November last year, but the director was burned out and needed to take sick leave, until August of this year when the team was able to begin again, and they have now been filming in Fårösund for about a month.
- Glad that it was near the end, “says film producer Fredrik Heinig.
Has something in the environment changed since last year?
- It is a lot more comfortable to stay on Gotland this time of year. Otherwise it is the same bunch that would have been there from the beginning.
Indoor scenes for the movie were filmed in Coast Studio in Fårösund, while the outdoor scenes are being filmed in Nyköping and Stockholm. “Trust Me” is an ensemble film with 10 roles that are approximately equal. The film is about a group of women ages 25 and into their 30′s, who operate an amateur theatre, and the men around them.
- But it is not about theater and acting, which are pretty dull subjects. Rather, these are intriguing, misdemeanors and human weaknesses such as alcohol, sex and theft, and the right to still not be so damn perfect, “said Johan Kling the TT spectra.
- It has a brighter tone than “Darling” and differs from it in several ways, but you will see that it is a movie I made.
In the cast of characters we find, among others, Alexander Skarsgård, who since last year has come of age internationally. He has had significant roles in the television series “Generation Kill” which occurred during the invasion of Iraq, and the vampire series “True Blood” now being shown on Swedish television.
Could it even be an advantage that the film waited a year, in view of Alexander Skarsgård’s rising fame?
- Perhaps, says Fredrik Heinig. I hope and believe of course that the movie is so good that it would be the same, but Alexander Skarsgård’s name might open doors in the United States. John’s last film “Darling” reached outside our borders, and now we’d like to take the next step, but you never know in this business.
His brother Gustaf Skarsgård, has been seen in the roles of director mob author of “Evil” and King Canute in “Arn” films, is involved in “Trust Me”, as are Michael Segerström and Michelle Meadows, who played leading roles in Robert Cristina aurata-winning film “Darling” .
A new shooting star in the ensemble is Philomène Grandin. She has previously appeared in the TV series “Milky Way”, but this is her first film role. She plays Jessica, which she describes as a tough and intelligent girl who is in a complicated relationship.
- It was a shock that the filming was postponed last year. This is my first film role, and I was really looking forward to shaping Jessica. I was a bit worried that the film would not be completed at all.
How has it been to be working in Fårösund compared to Stockholm?
- It’s been very nice. It is so beautiful here, with proximity to the sea. It’s nice that it is so isolated, then we have been able to focus on work instead of go and picnic with friends in the evenings and like that.
The team now leaves Fårösund to do the final shooting in Stockholm. In autumn 2010, the film will be released to theatres.
SOURCE: Gotlands Allehanda (Tack again to my GFs at The Blue Whale Pub SE & BW)
You must be logged in to post a comment.