Alexander Skarsgård is no longer hidden in Hollywood.
- It felt a little weird when someone in Taiwan knit a scarf and sent it to him, he says. But it’s also very flattering that there are people on the other side of the world who are interested in “True Blood” so passionately.
It was in the vampire series “True Blood” that Alexander Skarsgård got his breakthrough as the Viking vampire Eric Northman, but he has also had time for movies in the United States, Greenland and now he is in Sweden and has completed Johan Kling’s film “Puss”.
- I like it best when I keep busy and I like acting. It may be why I tear around the world for press meetings. But there is no constant circus, once I start filming a new season of “True Blood” and when I get into it, “he says.
Alexander Skarsgård has turned to different roles in order to avoid the stamp as “handsome, misunderstood high school guy” as he did in Sweden. The last three years he has played a vampire, military officer, gay Norwegian explorer and now he has given voice to a neurotic character of Tarik Saleh’s animated film “Metropia”.
- Tarik went running like hell that I’m pretty big, while my character Stephen is tiny and smokes, a little more Woody Allen than me, ” he says and looks at the Autumn leaves through the window.
The weather is reminiscent of scenes in “Metropia”: gray, shabby and gloomy. The film takes place in 2024 and is about Roger (Vincent Gallo), a guy from Farsta who begins hearing voices in his head when he is down in the subway. He therefore bicycles to work, but when the cycle breaks, he is forced down into the dark tunnel.
Alexander Skarsgård character Stephen is a supporting character in the film. In one scene he meets Ralph, whose voice is done by Stellan Skarsgård. It is the first time that Alexander and Stellan Skarsgård play against each other, even if they never saw each other during recording.
- Dad recorded his stuff two months after me. It’s cool to see the chemistry between us and a bit ironic that in our first scene together, we are not even together in real life, “says Alexander Skarsgård.
Naturally, he recorded his scenes two years ago. Director and friend Tarik Saleh asked if he wanted a role. Alexander Skarsgård was in Africa to film the series “Generation Kill”, but flew home for a weekend of recording.
- It was a cool feeling, because when I recorded nothing was animated. It created a tremendous artistic freedom, we were not tied to anything and if we wanted to change something we did it, ” he says and points out that the weather in Stockholm is not the only thing resembling” Metropia “.
- If you check the American society today, so it is frightfully close “Metropia”. One can argue that the U.S. is controlled by the big companies.
And so begins a quarter of outsourcing, with empathy and gestures, about American politics. It can be seen in his eyes that the commitment is genuine.
- It’s so dirty, the reality is not far from the world of “Metropia,” he says.
You must be logged in to post a comment.