Alexander Skarsgård has a tan. “It gets that way when you live in Los Angeles”, he explains. He’s still looking for an apartment in Venice Beach, where his colleagues and friends from “True Blood“, Stephen Moyer and Anna Paquin, already live.
- It’s one of the few areas where you actually can walk around. I grew up in Söder and I’m used to having my friends living some blocks away and that you meet up at the regular places and I miss it. So I will try to re-create a mini-Söder in Venice.
In the Swedish, animated dystopia “Metropia”, that has its premiere today, he is doing one of the voices.
- I was the first one to record my lines, I think. The first time I saw it, it was a three minutes long scene between me and my old man. He recorded his lines two months after me, it was bloody absurd.
Ironically enough, the move to the States has given him better roles in Sweden.
- Yes. Five years ago there wasn’t a casting agent who would’ve placed me in a Swedish “Generation Kill”. I was like the high school guy.
Another project that he just has finished is Johan Kling’s, (one of the best directors in Scandinavia according to the actor) second film “Puss”. Little brother Gustaf is in it, but they have no scenes together.
- We’re not looking actively for any projects together, but it would be so bloody fun. I would like to work with both my old man and my two brothers, who are actors.
After the move, he has gone from unemployed to celebrity. The attention gets more intense on the other side of the Atlantic.
- You’re driving everywhere in LA, so you always sit in that bubble of plate. But sure, after “True Blood” season two I noticed a big difference. Of course I see that some things are written, but I never read fan sites or blogs. I don’t think it’s good for me. If it’s negative I know it will get to me. Or you just read positive things and your ego grows and sort of explodes.
Have you started acting like a prima donna?
- You have to ask my friends. Nothing would hurt me more than if they said that I have changed. But I don’t think so. After all, I was over thirty when things started to happen in the States.
Even the rumours are spreading, about Alexander and the actresses Evan Rachel Wood and Kate Bosworth.
-There’s not a young woman I know in Hollywood that I haven’t been connected too. But things like that happen. If I walk into a taxi with a girl, we’re married.
How’s your love life then?
-It’s looking good. I am not in a relationship.
But is it looking good?
- Ha, ha, are you asking me if I get laid? No, not really.
Co-star in “Straw Dogs”: “She is incredibly strong in this film. She threw herself out there and took a big risk. There aren’t many good looking Hollywood chicks who would do that. She’s fucking smart and a wicked girl. We are really good friends.”
Co-star in the music video for “Paparazzi”: “I don’t know her, we had one day of work together. It was crazy. She’s a bit sliced, but she’s also very driven. We had a blast.”
Co-star in “True Blood”: “Stephen is one of the crew that I work the most with, so we’ve really gotten to know each other. He is bloody funny, wicked British humour, relaxed as hell. A very good friend.”
Evan Rachel Wood.
Co-star in a few episodes of “True Blood”: “She is one of her generations best actresses, really good. I think she will become one of the biggest. Fucking young, only 22 years.”
Blogs appreciatively about Skarsgård: “I don’t know him. Its really funny that he does his thing and that people like it. I really don’t know, I have no relation to him what so ever. But apparently he’s got something.”
SOURCE: My other Swedie Kim…TACK!!! View the Swedish version on Metro.se.
You must be logged in to post a comment.