Reminder: True Blood Season 4 DVDs On Sale Tuesday, May 29th
You may have noticed in today’s Sunday newspaper that there are ads for the new DVD/Blu-ray/Digital Copy of True Blood Season 4. It goes on sale in the US on Tuesday, May 29th. We’ve done some pricing for you if you haven’t already pre-ordered your copy yet.
Amazon: currently is at $39.99 for the DVD and $49.99 for the DVD/Blu-ray + Digital Copy Combo pack.
HBO Store: DVD is $59.99 and the Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy Combo pack is $79.98. Both come with with a free True Blood Projector Pen.
Target always has a special offer when you buy in their stores (during the DVD release week). This year, they have a 65-minute cast interview. It doesn’t give more information, but a guess is it could be video from PaleyFest (they have included that in the past with the DVD). The DVD is $29.99 and the Blu-ray combo pack is $34.99 (see ad).
Best Buy also has a special offer with purchase. They are offering a black & white drawing T-shirt from the True Blood comics (second series). The DVD is $29.99 and the Blu-ray combo pack is $34.99 (see ad).
If you need a reminder of what is on the DVDs, check out the posts here & here. Honestly, if you are a true True Blood fan, the Blu-ray is a MUST because of all of the special features.
Alexander Skarsgård is doing the commentary for episode 404, ‘I’m Alive and On Fire’. His commentary will be on both the DVD and Blu-ray.
So…if you still haven’t decided to buy it, consider this:
What’s in the sets?
- DVD Features:
- True Blood: The Final Touches: join show creator and executive producer Alan Ball as he reveals an exclusive, never-before-seen glimpse in the post production process of True Blood.
- Inside the Episodes: get the backstories on each episode with revealing interviews from the show writers. (1.78:1; 1080p/24)
- Enhanced Viewing – This in-episode viewing mode allows you to watch True Blood with pop-up trivia, picture-in-picture character point-of-view commentaries and break-away flashback scenes from previous seasons’ episodes.
- Commentary on Episode 2 “You Smell Like Dinner” by Stephen Moyer (Bill), Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica), and Brian Buckner (writer, co-executive producer)
- Commentary on Episode 3 “If you Love Me, Why Am I Dyin’?” by Anna Paquin (Sookie) and Alan Ball (creator and executive producer)
- Commentary on Episode 4 “I’m Alive and on Fire” by Alexander Skarsgård (Eric) and Michael Lehmann (director)
- Commentary on Episode 6 “I Wish I Was the Moon” by Raelle Tucker (writer, co-executive producer) and Gregg Fienberg (executive producer)
- Commentary on Episode 9 “Let’s Get Out of Here” by Sam Trammell (Sam) and Romeo Tirone (director)
- Commentary on Episode 10 “Burning Down the House” by Fiona Shaw (Marnie) Nancy Oliver (writer, co-executive producer), and Lesli Linka Glatter (director)
- True Blood: The Final Touches (1.78:1; 1080p/24; 00:28:25) – A roundtable discussion with the True Blood post-production staff wherein they discuss much of their visual/special effects work.
- True Blood Lines – This interactive feature lets you explore the different character types in the world of True Blood (ex. Vampires, Werewolves, Faeries, Werepanthers, etc.) and the interconnection between each type in the ongoing storyline.
- DVD — Two double-sided DVDs of the entire series
- Digital Copy — Downloadable Digital Copy for Mac/PC, iPod/iPad/iPhone and Windows Media-Compatible devices
- Blu-ray Features (along with all DVD extras):
- Includes “Blu-ray with HBO Select:” DVD + Digital Copy
- Enhanced Viewing:
- Character Perspectives (picture-in-picture): find out the back story of what happened in Bon Temps while Sookie was missing in Faerieland, and get the inside scoop from your favorite characters including Andy, Arlene, Crystal, Debbie, Don Bartolo, Godric, Jason, Lafayette, Luna, Maxine, Melinda, Nan, Pam, and Tara.
- Vampire Histories/Character Bios and Hints/FYIs: get even more background on favorite characters, trivia facts as well as show hints and clues.
- Flashback/Flash Forward: move through time in the world of Bon Temps. Flashback to relive pivotal moments or Flash Forward to reveal the significance of a certain scene.
- True Blood Lines: uncover secrets from relationships past and present in this engaging, fully interactive guide and archive.
Best Buy offer
Sources for DVD information: TVshowsonDVD & Blu-rayDefinition