And now Stellan and Alexander Skarsgård are about to make their first movie together.
Their professional paths have crossed before. But only as voices to animated movies – like in the upcoming ”Mumintrollet” and last year’s ”Metropia”.
When Stellan, 58, and Alexander Skarsgård, 33, go to Trollhättan in July to star in Lars von Triers ”Melancholia” it’s dead serious.
– I play a PR guy, and he is my son. It’s the first time that we will play father and son in a movie, a content Stellan tells Nöjesbladet.
Plays against Sutherland
Three of Stellan’s sons – Alexander, Gustaf, 29, and Bill, 19 – are active actors. The past year, it’s foremost Alexander who has managed to make a huge leap out of his dad’s shadow by getting major big parts in the American TV-series ”Generation kill” and ”True blood”.
And now he is facing his next challenge: a part opposite Kiefer Sutherland and Kirsten Dunst in ”Melancholia”.
And last but not least, opposite Dad.
– It’s going to be so much fun. When you work with a family member there are so many things that you don’t have to say.
You have so incredibly many references that are bonding you together. When you’re discussing a scene, you just
have to say half the sentence and then the other one immediately understands what you mean, says Stellan.
”Totally nailed it”
How has it been for you to watch Alexander make it big in the USA the last year?
– It’s just so great to see just how fucking good he is. But sometimes it’s not enough to be good to make it. Alexander has been working his ass off in Los Angeles for many years now. And then he got the part in “Generation Kill” and totally nailed it. He was so f-ing great in that!
And then he reveals that there is a project that he dreams of doing with his two oldest sons.
– It would be great fun to do ”Long day’s journey into night” with Alexander and Gustaf someday. That drama is just as if it’s been written for us.
”Laughed so hard”
Will there be more projects with your children after this?
– We’ll see about that. It’s happened before. Gustaf played my nephew in ”Coq rogue”, and when I did ”Arn” I had three of the kids with me. We wore so much fake facial hair that we almost laughed ourselves to death, says Stellan smiling at the memory.
SOURCE: Aftonbladet and tack to our J!!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.